Sunday, January 20, 2008

Youtube

Friday night I went to ACMI's screening of The American Astronaught (think dancing space cowboys with a bit of Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon thrown in). I first saw it at MIFF and haven't been able find it on DVD. I thought I'd show my support and see it again to get audience numbers up. It was a sell out session. Seems word has spread!

To kill time waiting for ACMI's screening I saw Cloverfield at MelbCentral. The audience was comparing it to Godzilla??? Not even close! I would have been more impressed if I hadn't already seen The Host. They nicked the creature & half the action, spliced it with 9/11 re-enactments, then sprinkled it with bad teen actors. It didn't have the wit, political bite & heart of the Korean film. It also didn't have my 2 favorite actors Byeon Hie-bong (even better in The Host than Memories of Murder) & Bae Doo-na (I loved her as the gormless Korean exchange student in Linda, Linda).
Here's a Host trailer I found on Youtube after I got bored searching for Library clips www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsBMwK40hw. Youtube's easy to search but creating an account & exporting clips is a painful process.

No comments: