Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wiki pet photo & more

I finally got round to taking a photo of the rest of my tribal stuff. I should have waited for the sun to go behind a cloud- too many shadows, but it looks better if you click on the photo to see the enlargement.
A favorite is the fork/backscratcher in the back row. Its carved faces manage to be both funny & serene. My other fave is the siamese cat. It had an old handwritten label that said "voodun" which made me wonder if its former life was on an alter in Haiti. When I scratched that off, underneath was a label that says "carved from genuine kiln dried monkey pod". What on earth is a mokey pod? I'll have to google it!

While I'm on the topic of photos, here's a link to my staff wiki pet photo

1 comment:

Bonito Club said...

Nice carvings. I think a lot of carvings are monkey pod.